Starter Kit experience

Show the world what you've done with your little yellow minion.

Starter Kit experience

Postby dbwells » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:15 pm

I picked up my kit this afternoon. As soon as I opened it I saw it was going to take longer to assemble than I thought. When I saw the bubble pack I knew I had to meet my obligation to pop every bubble before I started on the kit. Once I had bested the bubble pack I turned to the Starter Kit. I found the nuts to be a skittish lot. Several tried to bolt and run and tracking them down caused intermittent delays in the assembly. I separated all the pieces into a parts box hoping to contain the nervousness.
But it had already spread to the hex screws. A few of them made a run for it but with a industrial-grade flashlight I was able to track them down and herded them into the parts box until I needed them. The "happy" mode is my favorite. The "chicken" is second, but I will need to bolt him down before I leave him in "chicken' mode for any length of time. And "Kill" well let's' just say I'll be sleeping with the bedroom door closed from now on. The Instructions, as a veteran of assembling Rocking Horses at Christmas time I can say you have the best instructions of any assemble project I have ever done.

Oh yes, in memory of the bubble pack skirmish my delta is Mr. Bubbles.
dbwells

Re: Starter Kit experience

Postby spetku » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:37 pm

Mark and I are both excited to hear about the assembly of new little Bubbles! Thank you again for giving us feedback on your experience. I'm relieved to hear the instructions make sense and aren't confusing at any point. They were quite a critical thinking task to create (and took four times longer than I thought they would)!

Best!
-Sarah
world domination is easier with robots.
spetku
Site Admin

Postby spetku » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:38 pm

Mr Bubbles * =]
world domination is easier with robots.
spetku
Site Admin

Postby Lewis.wakeland » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Got my robot yesterday, had it assembled soon afterward. Love the instructions, they are great. The robot went together without a hitch, but I was afraid of losing ball bearings in my shop. I don't have a name for "it" yet nor have I tried all the modes.

I'm looking forward to controlling it from some other projects so that info would be great.

Thanks for a great kit, I hope your army is growing.

Lewis
Lewis.wakeland

Return to Robot Army Starter Kit Hacks